Every Christian has a God-given ministry which we will encourage and support. Acts of kindness done in Jesus' name will plant seeds in the hearts of recipients. Laughter and joy are an important part of a healthy community. We will live with hearts of generosity towards God and others. Below are some key components of our ministry at LFC.
- Love God - Love People / Serve God - Serve People
- People Matter to God and they Matter to us
- People must be treated gently and respectfully
- People need to be connected to God and a caring community
- Caring relationships are the key to the life of every endeavor
- Each person has been created to worship God and enjoy His presence
- Ministry and evangelism must be carried out in relevant, creative ways to affect lives
- Everything we do must be done with excellence
- Small groups are essential in causing personal growth. We are growing larger and smaller at the same time
- Doing Church as a Team is an effective way of doing ministry and makes room for the gifts and talents that reside within each person.
The International Church of the Foursquare Gospel was founded January 1, 1923. Our church is a part of the Foursquare denomination. We possess an interdenominational attitude and applaud all churches who present the truth and Good News of Jesus Christ. In the 1920’s, the term “foursquare” meant something that was thorough and true. Thus the term was used to describe Jesus’ full and balanced message of good news.
- Jesus Christ, Our Savior
- Jesus Christ, Our Healer
- Jesus Christ, Our Baptizer in the Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ, Our Soon Coming King"
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant and authoritative truth and Word of God for Christian faith and living.
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He exists in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He desires to have a relationship with all people. After all, He created us.
- All people are sinners in need of a Savior. Jesus Christ is the only Savior, saving those who by faith place their trust in Him and allow His grace to transform their lives. Salvation is God's free gift to us but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin's penalty. There is nothing that has gone too far that God cannot redeem and transform.
- All people were created by God and our valuable. Our worth is connected to our Creator who made us. We live our lives loving, accepting and forgiving each other without prejudice.
- In Essentials we possess unity, in Non-Essential, we practice liberty, In All things, we show love.
- The power of the Holy Spirit and His gifts and divine assistance are available to those who believe in Jesus.
LFC began as an independent church in 1940 when a creative and faith-filled group of people began meeting together. Using biblical teaching, music, children's, and youth programming, they began to reach our community and our base (then Camp Cook).
After the founding pastor, Al Waer the 'flying evangelist,' decided to move on, they searched out for a denomination to oversee them. They decided to become a Foursquare Church. Many wonderful pastors came over the years to lead LFC.
In 1986 Pastor Bernie and Debbie Federmann came to pastor LFC. Their dedication, along with their congregation, has committed themselves to the ministry of the Lompoc area and beyond. This has resulted in thousands of salvations, healed and restored lives, stronger marriages and families, support to other churches and missions endeavors (both Foursquare and other denominations), and other worthwhile causes and ministries. Our congregation has continued to grow and this growth has not allowed us to forget each person. We are large enough to celebrate and mobilize for the greater good, but still able to care. LFC desires to become a home away from home for those serving in our military who are stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base. While the buildings have changed much in the years since 1940, the heart remains the same. People matter to God. The future is being written now. We are committed to seeing it unfold as we go through life together. There is a place for you!
Lompoc Foursquare has an ongoing relationship with many organizations that provide service and hope to others and extend God's grace. Some of these groups include:
- Foursquare Missions International
- New Hope International
- Lompoc Food Pantry
- Santa Barbara Food Bank
- Lompoc Pregnancy Center
- Catholic Charities
- Lompoc Police & Fire Departments
- Lompoc CERT Program
- Lompoc Schools
- Vandenberg Air Force Base
- Operation Kids Christmas
- And so many more!
Our support of these groups coupled with our community service, allow us to live heart-first in front of our community, to our world, and most importantly to individuals who have eternal value. If you desire to partner with us, you can be a part of the financial support that provides so much for others. We continually challenge ourselves to grow in generosity and service.